Friday, February 10, 2012

The Treadmill

For me an hours walk outdoors on a nice day seems like only moments.  Put me in a canoe or row boat on a pond or lake and I'll happily row for hours.  A bicycle ride with the children, serendipity.  BUT put me indoors on treadmills, stationary bicycles, rowing machines or any other mechanical exercise equipment and in my world it's akin to torture.
Mr.B wants to loose some weight and since it's been dark for hours by the time he gets home (dark arrives between 4:30 & 5:00 up here during the winter months), he bought himself a treadmill.  He's been gently encouraging me to also use it.

This morning I decided that since I've began my garden planning, I should increase my physical activity otherwise, when gardening season arrives my mussels will be screaming at me.  While in my pj's ... 5 minutes @ 1.5mph, no incline; 20 minutes @ 2.7 mph, 6% grade incline; 5 minutes @ 1.5 mph, no incline.  Average heart rate - 100 beats per minute; 197 calories burned; 30 of the most BORING minutes of my life.

Really?  Only 197 calories burned?  I suffered through a 1/2 hour of complete & total YAWN for only 197 calories?  I'd better get in the shower before I raid my secret stash of chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. It might have been boring but at least you did it. Most won't even do that.

    Love the pictures you have been posting. So who was the model for this post? The photographer did a good job.

    Have a beautiful day!
    -Mrs. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mrs.A,

    OG was the model for the photo and I was the photographer - can you believe a photo that I took came out this nice?-hee, hee

    Also, can you bleieve that I've been on that silly treadmill everyday since except for Sunday and Tuesday? Sunday was a day off & Tuesday EJ and I walked about 1.5 miles to take photos of the new mares in the pasture north of our place.

    Love & miss you,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B