Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Blessings

Before I list a few Thanksgiving blessings, I'd like to thank Kati at The Country Blossom for the adorable turkey craft Idea.  Because she generously shared her children's Thanksgiving craft activities, my children made this terrific Thanksgiving table centerpiece today.

Now, on to my post ... This Thanksgiving there is so much to be thankful for.  First, and foremost, I am thankful for my salvation through Jesus Christ who has transformed me into a new creature.  2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
Second I am thankful for my beautiful family.  Our family's testimony is a testimony of God's generous, restorative and loving grace.  Psalm 123:8 says, "Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house; and thy children like olive plants round about thy table."
Third, I realize that through God's provision there are so many little things that bring joy and comfort to my daily life.  Matthew 6:33 says, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you".  I am thankful for oodles and oodles of little things such as:  flannel bed linens on cold wintry nights; wool socks; indoor plumbing with lots and lots of hot running water for soaking aching muscles; warm mugs of chamomile tea right before bedtime; a barn full of cats (='s fewer mice); the view of vibrant sunrises through a large picture window in my bedroom; miles of prairie topped with water colored sunsets; black night skies sprinkled with sparkling "diamonds"; the perfumed scent of Russian olive trees floating on a summertime breeze; gentle movement of cool air from the ceiling fan on hot summer's evening; the echo of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe's whistle drifting across the prairie on clear, crisp winter mornings; the warmth and beauty of the winter evening's fire; the birth of kittens, farm animals and garden seedlings in the spring; the smile on a baby's face and his smell when I cuddle him close; my little girl giving me a hug for no apparent reason in the middle of the afternoon; the sound of our big boys' voices on the telephone and the tight squeeze of their hugs when they visit; the curiously funny questions our EJ often asks; Mr.B's steady commitment to our family; and the list could go on and on and on.

I pray that you and your family had a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B